Monday, August 29, 2011

Day vs. Night Color Tests

Well, hello there! It's been awhile.

The couch is green now, so that the characters won't blend in:



Here's some color tests for when it's nighttime:




I'm leaning towards the blueish one. The yellow-er one in the middle is closer to the room's actual colors, but it looks more like 'daytime with the blinds drawn' than 'night'. The grey one just looks like a prison cell.

And, if you're wondering why Malcolm is on the couch now, it's because I've rewritten the middle so that he gets some more screen time. It also serves to plug a few plot holes. And it's just better. I'll get those boards up in the next couple of days, after my scanner arrives.

5 comments:

  1. Great work! I like the daytime colors. I agree the blue colors work best for the evening scenes. They convey "night" very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of older movies used to just make everything dark blue when they needed to make something look like it was nighttime (usually because they filmed those scenes during the day). If you use a lot of blue for your night scenes I think the audience would understand everything just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blue one too. There's something very appealing about that one. Darby and Rhonda show up better against the blue wall than the daytime wall. Is it a problem that the daytime wall is similar in color to Darby and Rhonda?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue for me and the colors match perfectly as well. What other furniture are you thinking of adding? It would look nice with a red rug in front of the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the daytime colors!
    For the night-time tho, I would have to say that I like the last grayish one the best. It could just be me, but I usually associate the bluish tone to be more of an indication of outdoor night-time. The grayish one looks like they are inside and if the daytime wall were darker, it would look more gray than blue. But its totally minor. Just wanted to put it out there in case it would be helpful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete