Monday, September 12, 2011

New Middle

As I said earlier, I cut out the part where they're bicycle kicking each other. This is better.

We go straight from nightfall to Darby's hallucination, then we get some Malcolm.



I still have a two-to-three line end to the scene I need to write, to set up the cut to morning. If anybody has any suggestions or opinions, I'd love to hear them.

The rewrite adds about 35 seconds to the story, but I figure that's a small price to pay for improving the film. All-in-all, it's still less than six minutes.
I've also already accounted for the increased runtime in my schedule, and I don't think it will be a problem.


The ending stays pretty much the same compared to the original animatic, but I need to reframe a number of shots to fit Malcolm in. It's been a bit more difficult than I've expected, so I'm going to try getting some help from my professors. Once that's set, I'll put up the new animatic in full.

1 comment:

  1. I love it- very funny! Once you have your voice actors recorded I think it will be even stronger. Nice work!

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete