Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bob Goblin

Been animating the shot with the Bob Goblin here, and I realized I don't really know what color he's going to be. 

I was originally thinking blue or blue-green, but he could really be whatever. Give me some input.




The background color will also change as the room starts to morph, so it's important that the Boblin stands out from the new color scheme.

It did a couple color sample/comparisons for the background. The blue-grey shades on the left of each are the room's normal nighttime colors.




 I didn't put a ton of thought into the hue pairings here.
These are more like saturation/lightness comparisons. 


I'm thinking it might be best to first pick which background color would be the most interesting for the room to change into, then just color the Boblin so that he complements the room.

Anybody have any opinions?

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think the light green or green-brown colored Bob Goblin would go well with any background you choose (maybe the pinkish red one, but the lighter green ones may be your best bet, especially if you choose a warmer tone for the other room color).

    Also, I'm thoroughly enjoying your work. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lighter color is a little scarier (what a good Halloween discussion!) I like the yellowish-green version the best.

    ReplyDelete