Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sound Effects

We had our screening last week. I got a lot of nice positive feedback, so that makes me feel good. I've been working on this so long I can't always tell if things are working or not, so it's great to know that people like the film.

The most common criticism I got was that the ending was slow, and I agree. Also, a number of people thought that Rhonda's 'If I had a nickel' line wasn't funny enough, so I decided to just cut it for time.

My previous animatics had a pretty minimal amount of sound effects, so I grabbed a bunch of stuff off NetMix and cut it in where there weren't effects already. It makes a lot of parts run way faster.


I put this together at home in the Bay Area, with a really cheap pair of headphones, so the levels might be a little unbalanced.

The new sound ends up changing some of the timing. Tell me if anything seems off.

1 comment:

  1. At around 2:12, when it changes to night time, it suddenly sounds like they're outside. Other than that, none of the other sound effects seem too jarring or out-of-place

    ReplyDelete